ICTCC2018 Call for Workshops
The ICTCC 2018 Steering Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program to be held along with the technical conference. ICTCC 2018 workshops will provide a meeting for presenting novel ideas in a possibly more focused way than the conference itself. Its aim is to engage in active exchange, interaction, and comparison of approaches, methods, and ideas related to specific topics, both theoretical and applied, in the general area of Nature-Inspired Computing and/or Networking. Scientists from all areas of the computing and networking community are invited to submit workshop proposals for review. Workshops on grant challenges, potential applications or on new and hot topics are particularly encouraged. We would also welcome proposals that include organizers from South East Asia. Workshops can vary in length, but most will be one full day in duration. Proceedings will be published by Springer. Attendance of workshops will be free with registry for the main ICTCC 2018 conference.
Proposal Submission Deadline: 01 April, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: 08 April 2018
Deadline for Posting Calls for Workshop Papers: 15 April 2018
Deadline for Submitting Contributions to Workshops: 15 July 2018
Workshop papers acceptance notification: 17 August 2018
Workshop papers camera-ready papers due: 21 September 2018
Workshops dates: 22 and 23 November 2018
Requirements for Proposal
Proposals for workshops should be a maximum of five pages in length, and must contain the following information:
- Title of the workshop.
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop goals, the technical issues that it will address, and the relevance of the workshop to the main conference.
- A discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A list of related workshops held within the last three years, if any, and their relation to the proposed workshop.
- Information about previous offerings of the proposed workshop: when and where it has been offered in the past, organizers names and affiliations, number of submissions, acceptances and registered attendees.
- Description of paper review process and acceptance standards in order to keep the workshop high in quality. Note that papers must be in the same format as the conference proceedings and may not be more than 10 pages in length.
- The names, affiliations, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the proposed workshop organizing committee. This committee should consist of three or four people knowledgeable about the technical issues to be addressed. The organizing committee should include individuals from multiple institutions.
- The primary email address for contacting the organizing committee.
- A description of the qualifications of the individual committee members with respect to organizing an ICTCC workshop, including a list of workshops previously arranged by any members of the proposed organizing committee, if any.
- List of potential program committee members, including their title and affiliations.
- Expected duration of the workshop (half or full day).
- A list of places (distribution lists, web sites, journals, etc.) where the workshop is planned to be advertised.
All proposals should be submitted in both plain ASCII text and pdf format by electronic mail to email@example.com
The selection of the workshops to be included in the final ICTCC 2018 Workshop program will be based upon multiple factors, including:
- the scientific/technical interest of the topics,
- the quality of the proposal,
- balance and distinctness of workshop topics, and
- the capacity of the conference workshop program.
Note that authors of proposals addressing similar and/or overlapping content may be requested to merge their proposals.
Responsibilities of ICTCC 2018 and Workshop Organizers
For all accepted proposals, ICTCC 2018 will be responsible for:
- Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
- Providing logistical support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- Together with the organizers, determining the workshop date and time.
- Liaising and coordinating between the workshop chairs and other relevant chairs for ICTCC 2018.
- Arranging for publication of proceedings.
- Setting up a webpage for the workshop.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for the following:
- Advertising the workshop (and the main ICTCC conference), and issuing a call for papers and a call for participation.
- Collecting and evaluating submissions, notifying authors of acceptance or rejection on a timely basis, and ensuring a transparent and fair selection process. All workshop organizers commit themselves to adopt the deadlines set by the committee.
- Making the pdf of the whole workshop notes available to the workshop chairs, as well as a list of audio-visual requirements and any special room requirements.
- Writing a 1-page organizers introduction for your workshop.
- Ensuring that the workshop organizers and the participants register for the workshop and/or the main conference (at least one author must register for the paper to appear in the proceedings).
Submissions and Inquiries
Please send proposals and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org